Shrew Media

The anti-stoat to global and UK media musings from the scuzzy sidelines of the bright lights and loud noises that make up our great British freedom of speech. And the like...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

London-based media analyst juggling part-time MA studies, housework, authoring my first novel, looking after the cat

18 Doughty
Street

17 December 2006

Two quick questions

Question 1. What is it with Radio 5 Live not podcasting the good stuff and podcasting the Daily-stoating-Mayo? Richard Bacon's hosting 'Fighting Talk - Any Other Business' just now, which is the normal Fighting Talk punditary thing, but talking about the week's news. A great premise, but is it being podcasted? What do you think?

(If anyone gives me the 'it's only a trial' BBC spin as they did after the Weekend Business posting a few weeks back, I'll scream)

Question 2. Now that channel 182 on Sky has changed its name to Russia Today and is taking news through the night, why hasn't it moved to sit alongside the other news channels? Arguably better quality than the French effort!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

So ok I should learn to speak French but considering the French news channel offers two versions(One in English and one in French)when I have tuned in I have always found it spoken in French with subtitles)

And it does seem very dry and dull or does that say something about me? I can listen and pay attention for longer than 5 minutes but for some reason I have problems with this station.

I need to see the Russian station again...

But so far a straw poll of you, James Cridland and myself..the French station seems to be getting the thumbs down for now...not exactly a scientific poll but...

10:58 pm  
Blogger LeeJayWhistlingIsNotAnnoyingMe said...

Well considering that Fighting Talk: Any Other Business is just a two episode broadcast pilot, I'm not at all surprised it's not podcast.

I would hope that it would be if a full series is commissioned.

3:09 pm  
Blogger The Stoat said...

A two episode pilot? Well, I suppose it did take 15 minutes to warm up, but if it goes regular then it'll be inexcusible not to podcast it

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home