Shrew Media

The anti-stoat to global and UK media musings from the scuzzy sidelines of the bright lights and loud noises that make up our great British freedom of speech. And the like...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

London-based media analyst juggling part-time MA studies, housework, authoring my first novel, looking after the cat

18 Doughty
Street

11 December 2006

The bleak midwinter

A state of lethargy settled in the office today. I don't think it actually got light in London today because of the day's heavy rain, which engendered a feeling of misery amongst us. And I thought it was just me thinking "I'm shattered" all day. I also fear a cold is on it's way again, if I ever got rid of the last one (so much for vitamin C). I had great plans to crack on with some writing this evening but that's not going to happen. Early night with a book instead as later in the week, there's not one but three Christmas parties to get through.

Anyway, today I RSS'ed the Channel 4 Newsblog. Jon Snow's entries are rather good, then again he's a journalist I've always liked. There's the occasional "filler" posting by a non-entity called "Newsroom blogger", which is probably a collective identity for the duty editors or seomthing, but the named journalist entries are rather fine, and I get the impression that they are a lot less staged than the BBC ones.

Finally, Russia Today really has to sort out the scrolling text on Sky 182. The bottom's still missing and it's starting to annoy me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home