Shrew Media

The anti-stoat to global and UK media musings from the scuzzy sidelines of the bright lights and loud noises that make up our great British freedom of speech. And the like...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

London-based media analyst juggling part-time MA studies, housework, authoring my first novel, looking after the cat

18 Doughty
Street

09 December 2006

Hyper Music

I did a rare thing this evening. The other half was out, so ended up spending the evening listening to Muse (probably a tad loud, but the neighbours throw parties, so what the hell), surfing and reading. This is opposed to the usual thing of catching up with the things I've Sky +ed during the week or EPG surfing.

OK, confess, one episode of Torchwood because I'm so far behind, but that's all...
Detaching myself from reality like that was rather relaxing. Although, I have to say I was back to the news after 11.30 to catch the Sunday newspaper reviews! Sad.

My next set of study materials has arrived in the post. Grief, I'm glad I'm not a postman. This module is about analysing the media (that'll be my job, then) and convergance. Should be fun getting my head around all the academic terminology for the things I do every day.

Amongst the pack was a weighty book called 'Handbook on Radio and Television Audience Research" produced by the BBC World Service Training Trust and UNICEF. That on its own will be very useful indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home