Shrew Media

The anti-stoat to global and UK media musings from the scuzzy sidelines of the bright lights and loud noises that make up our great British freedom of speech. And the like...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

London-based media analyst juggling part-time MA studies, housework, authoring my first novel, looking after the cat

18 Doughty
Street

09 October 2006

The President is dead

thelondonpaper front page

This is a great piece of advertising for the one-off drama, or mockumentary, 'Death of a President' shown on More 4 in the UK.

Wrapping advertising around a newspaper isn't new. But such a stark picture like this, set below the masthead of the paper, definately turned heads with the tourists and some fellow commuters. I have to say that I was rather impressed at the boldness of it, but I wonder whether someone will complain.

And here's the real front page...

thelondonpaper front page

I'll be at BBC Broadcasting House tomorrow at an event celebrating 60 years of Woman's Hour. On the one hand, I don't think I've ever listened to it so I'm wondering why I'm going. On the other, I'm catching up with some friends and contacts, and introducing a work colleage to BBC radio! Not sure what she'll make of it, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home